To write and edit educational material in a variety of subjects and media.
1996-Present Precision Information Madison, Wis.
Director of Content Development, Writer, Editor
- Manage database of 2000+ articles, tutorials, and courses in customized publishing
- Manage online university of 300+ financial education courses.
- Write user and administrative manuals for customized programs.
- Design financial education courses for bank, credit union, and other large institutional
- Wrote 66 tutorials for the Encyclopedia of Personal Finance, an educational resource
on CD-ROM. Wrote over 1,000 quiz questions to accompany them.
- Construct investor education guides.
- Design and convert books and guides into online learning modules with the Precision
Authoring Tool, a custom-publishing program.
- Wrote 2000+ terms for the EPF’s glossary of investment terminology.
- Edited thousands of pages of material for content and grammar, using Microsoft Word
- Wrote quiz questions for the (Wis.) Governor’s Task Force on Financial Education.
- Set up customized publishing program and provide account management and
troubleshooting services to clients.
2005-2007 (contract position) Planet Newsletter Verona, Wis.
Writer, Outline Creator
- Wrote articles on personal finance and retirement planning for Sentry Insurance.
2005-2009 Peter Lang Publishers New York City
- Proofread and copy edited scholarly books.
2004-2006 Capital City Press Barre, Vt.
- Edited multi-volume sets of social science textbooks, using APA, Chicago, and
2001-2002 University of Wisconsin Learning Innovations Madison, Wis.
Ad Hoc Editor
- Edited course books for UW classes, using the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Corresponded with professors and formatted manuscripts in Microsoft Word.
2000-2001 Facts That Matter, Inc. Lake Geneva, Wis.
- Wrote 13 articles on American life for The Rating Game.
- Edited proofs and researched film clips for Their First Time in the Movies.
1996-1999 WHA-TV Madison, Wis.
- Wrote ad copy for annual spring television auctions.
1994-1997 Open Arms, Inc. Beaver Dam, Wis.
- Co-wrote company policy and procedure manual.
- Wrote and edited company newsletter.
1994-Present Self-Employed Madison, Wis.
Writer, Content Editor, Copy Editor
- Wrote cultural articles for Volume 1 magazine and Dollar Stretcher magazine.
- Wrote and edited policy and procedure for Open Arms, Inc.
- Wrote reviews of new books for the Internet Review of Books.
- Wrote several dozen SEO definitions for Investor Glossary.
- Co-wrote grant application to the Ford Foundation, on behalf of the CLIMB program.
- Copy edited the Journal of Investment Consulting, November/December 2002.
- Edited several fiction books and anthologies.
- Revised and edited resumes for individuals.
August 1999 University of Wisconsin–Madison Madison, Wis.
- B.A. in English. GPA of 3.4. Additional work in copy editing, psychology, journalism,
Spanish, and martial arts.